Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Exciting Learning from people involved in South African ICT in Education
I did a presentation on some ideas I have to define and measure learners' 21st Century Skills in the context of the ICT4RED project. I currently have more questions than answers, but I'm sure we will get there soon. Here is a link to a summary table comparing different Definitions of 21st Century Skills.
Other presentations I really enjoyed was
* Barbara Dale Jones on the role of Bridge and learning communities and knowledge management
* Fiona Wallace, on the CoZaCares model of ICT intervention
* John Thole on Edunova's programme to train and deploy youth to support ICT implementation in Schools
* Siobhan Thatcher from Edunova's presentation on Edunova's model for deploying Learning Centres in support of Schools
* Brett Simpson from Breadbin Interactive on the learning they've done on the deployment of their content repository.
*Ben Bredenkamp from Pendula ICT talking about their model for ICt integration and experience of the One Laptop per Child project in South Africa.
* Dylan Busa from Mindset speaking about the relaunch of their website content.
* Merryl Ford and Maggie Verster talking about the ICT4RED project